42...

Today would have been Douglas Adams' 60th birthday....
When I was a lad at school, I gained a great deal of pleasure from 'The Hitch-Hikers' Guide to the Galaxy': having to wait a week between half hour episodes which I taped onto TDK cassette so that I could listen to them many times...
Later, as a teacher, I used to wear a bright orange 'Don't Panic' badge on days when I was invigilating exams, and also referred to Slartibartfast when teaching about glacial coastlines in Norway...
The HHGTTG must have been a little bit like an iPad - small, and handheld with information on its screen....

Just bought the five volumes of the Hitch Hiker's trilogy for Kindle, a special deal that's on Amazon today...
Don't forget the Geographical value in the 'Meaning of Liff' as well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonathan Meades on Sustainability

On the trail of the 'Detectorists'