Flickr Places

FLICKR is in my top 10 most useful websites: perhaps I should do my Top 10 Websites in a future post...
A relatively new feature which people may not be aware of is the PLACES feature... This maps images that have been added to a map using the sites ORGANISE page.

Below are some examples that I have just done: I added some images of Scarborough (and also of Hunstanton) - see if you can find them...
Another search, this time for Rotherham, shows the way the PLACES pages look, and there is also a link to relevant groups. This will all lead to some excellent images for use in the classroom, which are often licensed for non-commercial use, with the correct attribution to the photographer.Have an explore and see what you come up with...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jonathan Meades on Sustainability

On the trail of the 'Detectorists'